During the summer of 2010, The xx asked Tracey Thorn (Everything But The Girl) and her long-time partner in EBTG Ben Watt to record one of the tracks from their debut album for a covers compilation of the album’s songs by their favorite artists. The project was defunct a few months later but Tracey had already recorded a new version of “Night Time.”
The track was shelved until now when it will appear on a new EP from Tracey Thorn called Night Time, which will be released through Merge on November 1.
Listen to the track on Soundcloud
Tracey Thorn’s Night Time EP will be released through Merge as a digital download and on blue vinyl from Buzzin’ Fly in the UK.
Night Time track listing:
1. Night Time
2. Swimming (Visionquest Remix, Ewan Pearson Re-Edit)
3. Swimming (Charles Webster Remix)
4. Swimming (Charles Webster Dub)
On November 8, Merge Records will also release Extended Plays, an extensive digital compilation that includes the Night Time EP and all other bonus content that Tracey compiled with the release of Love and Its Opposite.
Extended Plays 2010-2011 track listing:
1. Taxi Cab (Vampire Weekend Cover)
2. Why Does the Wind? (Ewan Pearson Radio Edit)
3. Why Does the Wind? (Morgan Geist Remix)
4. Why Does the Wind? (Michel Cleis Remix)
5. Why Does the Wind? (Andre Lodemann Remix)
6. Why Does the Wind? (Andre Lodemann Dub)
7. Swimming (Visionquest Remix)
8. Kentish Town (Walls Remix)
9. Late in the Afternoon (Blue Daisy Remix)
10. You Are a Lover (Clock Opera Remix)
11. Sister Winter (Sufjan Stevens Cover)
12. Night Time (The xx Cover)
13. Swimming (Visionquest Remix, Ewan Pearson Re-Edit)
14. Swimming (Charles Webster Remix)
15. Swimming (Charles Webster Underwater Mix)
Tracey Thorn’s Love and Its Opposite is available now on CD, LP, and digital download on Merge Records.